Mini Gastric By-Pass
The Mini-Bypass or One Anastomosis Bypass, is a highly effective weight loss procedure.
The majority of the weight loss is caused by the restriction of food and calorie intake, however a small component of the procedure is directed at limiting calorie absorption due to the small intestine bypass.
- Minimally Invasive Approach (Laparoscopic)
- Simpler procedure and less operative time than the gastric bypass.
- Lower risk of leakage or intestinal obstruction as compared to gastric bypass.
- Creates a small “stomach pouch” that fills with just a little amount of food.
- The small intestine bypass limits the calorie absorption.
- Excellent short and long-term results.
- Very Effective alternative for sweet-eaters.